Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Latter-day Saint Musicians, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, video, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Content is not named in a manner that misleads your viewers or listeners into thinking that you are another person or company, and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Latter-day Saint Musicians or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Latter-day Saint Musicians for inclusion on our Website, you grant Latter-day Saint Musicians a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content. If you delete Content, Latter-day Saint Musicians will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Latter-day Saint Musicians has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Latter-day Saint Musicians’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Latter-day Saint Musicians’s reasonable opinion, violates any Latter-day Saint Musicians policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Latter-day Saint Musicians’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Latter-day Saint Musicians has reviewed all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, but cannot be responsible for all material’s content, use or effects. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Latter-day Saint Musicians disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which MormonMusic.org links, and that link to MormonMusic.org. Latter-day Saint Musicians does not have any control over those non-Latter-day Saint Musicians websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Latter-day Saint Musicians website or webpage, Latter-day Saint Musicians does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Latter-day Saint Musicians disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Latter-day Saint Musicians websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Latter-day Saint Musicians asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by MormonMusic.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Latter-day Saint Musicians in accordance with Latter-day Saint Musicians’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Latter-day Saint Musicians will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Latter-day Saint Musicians will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Latter-day Saint Musicians or others. In the case of such termination, Latter-day Saint Musicians will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Latter-day Saint Musicians.
- Intellectual Property belonging to Latter-day Saint Musicians. This Agreement does not transfer from Latter-day Saint Musicians to you any Latter-day Saint Musicians or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Latter-day Saint Musicians. Latter-day Saint Musicians, MormonMusic.org, the MormonMusic.org logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with MormonMusic.org, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Latter-day Saint Musicians or Latter-day Saint Musicians’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Latter-day Saint Musicians or third-party trademarks.
- Your intellectual property. If you upload MP3 music files or YouTube videos to MormonMusic.org, the intellectual rights to your uploads remain with you. MormonMusic claims no ownership of your intellectual property; you may do with it what you please in engaging with other music venues or professional representation. If you have a contract with a record company, agent, or manager, and you desire to upload material to MormonMusic.org, be sure that you have come to an agreement with your professional representatives beforehand.
- Attribution. Latter-day Saint Musicians reserves the right to display attribution links with theme author, and font attribution in the site footer or toolbar.
- Changes. Latter-day Saint Musicians reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Latter-day Saint Musicians may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Latter-day Saint Musicians may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your MormonMusic.org account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by Latter-day Saint Musicians if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Latter-day Saint Musicians’s notice to you thereof; provided that, Latter-day Saint Musicians can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Latter-day Saint Musicians and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Latter-day Saint Musicians nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Latter-day Saint Musicians, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Latter-day Saint Musicians under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Latter-day Saint Musicians shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Latter-day Saint Musicians, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Latter-day Saint Musicians and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Latter-day Saint Musicians, or by the posting by Latter-day Saint Musicians of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Utah, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Utah, U.S.A.. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Utah, U.S.A., in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Latter-day Saint Musicians may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.