Major life questions that people often ponder are:
- Where did I come from?
- Why am I here?
- Where am I going?
Mormons believe that God, our Father in Heaven, has a plan for us collectively and individually that answers all of these questions.
What do Mormons believe is the purpose of this plan?
Because God loves each of us, His plan is designed to bring us happiness. In addition, He taught in Moses 1:39:
For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
Therefore, if we follow the plan that God has laid out for each of us, not only will we be happy, but we will also obtain the greatest gift from God–eternal life.
What does the plan entail?
In a nutshell, Mormons believe that:
- We lived with God before this life.
- We were sent to earth to learn and be tested.
- Jesus plays a central role in the plan as our Savior.
- When we die, we will be resurrected and judged.
- We will receive our reward based on the judgment.
Follow the links above to learn more about each of these steps in our Heavenly Father’s plan.